Sunday 15 November 2009

'TIME' by June Gamble



You lurk around me, you intertwine
constantly pulling forward, pushing me from behind
perpetual, relentless, to all mankind.

Often you’ll take a winters day,
weave it in black and weft it in grey.
then watch me as I stumble through
this sordid, troublesome gift from you.

Wherein my spirit you tightly bind
in scratchy, flaxen robes of pain.
Rivers of tears will change you mind
and you’ll drape my soul with silk again.

Then each day becomes a chain of gold
as you craft each shining hour for me.
bedecked with jewels for me to hold
and store deep within my memory.

I wait; and you drift slowly by
toying with my anxiousness.
In times of joy you wink your eye
how callous is your thoughtlessness.

No bird nor beast escapes your quest
as you give and take, and take and give.
All manner of life learn to detest
how you decide who should perish or live.

You are my friend, also my foe
without you there is nothing, and when
you have finished with me and turn to go
you will carry on; and I will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment